Wednesday, February 23, 2005

So a quick update

I'm in Porto, and well it's awesome! I love this town, last night we drove in at night when the city was lit up like a x-mas tree. Then I went to my friends "castle" and had a dinner of Bacalhao de Villar d'Allen. A recipe that is directly from the direct past history of the house. Basiclly a mushy(in a good way) combination of Bacalhou and potatos and some other things, I'll get the recipe and post it on "wino". This was served with a wine from the procuder I'm meeting with tomorrow, and followed by an 1886 port. I know I know this life is rough, and I'm glad none of you have to put up with such horrors. It's hard though, they never seem to have anything newer to try when I'm here. Old wine, another another old whine of mine! So then today I am walking around Porto, and have already fallin in love again with the old buildings and friendly people. I'm headed to the Port wine institute and then maybe to some of the Port houses. I think too that I'll try to find the Octopus dish that I had 2 years ago, that I've bothered everyone about. I did fins a recipe in a book and I might go back and buy it, but I needed a good Portuguese wine book first. So what else. the ride here was long and wierd they stopped us at the boarder and checked passports, then pulled 2 guys off and told us to be on our way, not sure why. I thought this was an open boarder Europe. In the end I got a small taste of what it must have been like before the EU. I hope all are well, and look forward to hearing from some of you who I know are reading the posts but not sending any notes. Are any of my old customers out there? BTW Bill, I will look for that Rioja, though if we can meet up, I have a ton of new strange stuff for you to try! Austin, Get healthy, no more of this torn muscle here and sore body there! Love to all, till soon Ryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home