Monday, February 21, 2005

Arriving in Porto

So I arrive din Portugal and am now sitting in a bar waiting for Ze to arrive. They dropped us off on the street and I had some trouble telling where I was until I go the guts to ask someone. Right now I am drinking a Vinha de Mazouco, Tinto , Duoro 2001. Nice though analyzing it now would make it hard to relax after being on a bus for 9 hours. One strange thing is at the boarder where you usually pass through without a -problem they took off 2 guys after checking all of our ID's? and I thought it was open boarders, made me feel like I was headed to Canada, and gave me a glimpse into Europe before the EU. I can't wait to get into the house oops, mansion and get a good meal in me. We kind of had the Nazi bus driver...NO FOOD, NO GO ANYWHERE...Ugh and then when we asked if this was the final stop...OF COURSE, all in fast Spanish making me doubt everything I heard. Oh well right now I sit in an upscale place where everyone is wondering what I'm saying about this wine, and me with my back packs and ragged clothes...Oh well...such is life. Though I do have to say Porto by night as you drive over the bridge by the river is a wonderful sight! 'ta Logo, ryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home