Thursday, May 05, 2005

Interview

So you ever think to yourself why don´t I....Move to a foreign country, where I don´t know the language, find yourself with nothing to do, and so you decide to start writing a food column for a travel site? At which point you think to yourself it would be fun to interview some people in the food community not taking into account that they might not speak English? Well I didn´t consider it but now I have done it.
I just finished an interview with the owner of a cheese shop in Madrid and I did it in Spanish! Now I hope the tape recorder worked that I used to tape his answers! If not I might need a second one, because I only understood enough to keep it moving along. Actually I understood a bit bore than this, but I am glad that my roommates helped me write questions in Spanish the night before. It made some of the tougher ideas a bit easier to convey.
So now I need to bribe a roommate so that they can help me translate everything, not to mention figuring out how to write an interview in the most concise way. If any of you have please pass on some advice to me!

On another note, Gab wrote a short novel yesterday about our weekend away from Madrid and then promptly erased it! So hopefully she will have a chance to try again today. I on the other hand will be updating Wino and Madaboutmadrid soon, once I get through a back log of articles. I´m finding this work both interesting and delicious, but I still need to get better at writing so that I don´t have to rely on my in house language instructor to help me edit!

Stay tuned more to come...Till soon, Ryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home